Why Small Businesses Can’t Afford to Not Hire a Copywriter
Many small business owners think they cannot afford to hire a professional writer; however, the exact opposite is true. They cannot afford NOT to hire a writer. Why? For the very reason they went into business- to make money.
Here’s why your business can benefit from a copywriter:
1. Increase your sales. A professional copywriter has one goal: making your business sell. They know how to do that with carefully placed words, research and proven tactics that back up their writing, and a knack for reaching the needs of your customer to sell your product or service. Writing copy isn’t the same as the writing you learned in school. It also, believe it or not, isn’t about your business. It’s about what your business can do for the customer. It takes a professional to see those benefits and to sell those to your customer in a way to make them want to click on your site or buy your product.
2. Save yourself time. As a business owner you know that time is money. While you are trying to do the day-to-day jobs required by a business owner, there are some tasks that get put on the back burner. Too often, the marketing that will make your business more successful gets short-changed. There are only 24 hours in a day. Turning over the marketing to a professional writer can give you back some needed time and also relieve one headache.
3. Create a consistent brand voice. It’s important for your business to have a consistent brand and voice through all areas of marketing. Whether it is your website, social media, billboards, or print advertising, each one should reflect your business in tone, word choice, and graphics. You want your business to be easily recognizable for the customer. A copywriter can help you create and maintain that voice and brand recognition to make your business stand out from the competition.
4. Professional, error free content. It may not seem like a big deal, but errors in spelling, grammar, and punctuation make a big difference in the way your business is perceived. You want your business to be taken seriously, and that starts with the image you portray. A professional copywriter is trained to catch those embarrassing errors and give you error-free copy.
5. A fresh look at your business. There is no doubt about it; you are the expert on your own business. You know it like the back of your hand. In most cases, that is a huge plus. However, when it comes to marketing, it can be a downfall because you are so close to it, you may overlook some key selling points. Often businesses fall into a rut of doing things the way they always have and may be missing out on some key trends, customer needs, or product features that could really change their marketing strategy and improve sales. A professional copywriter brings those fresh eyes to your business and has the skill to use them to your advantage.
The advantages a copywriter brings to a small business by far supersedes the expense. In fact, a copywriter will more than pay for themselves in the increased business you will receive.
When I was introduced to Susan I thought well there is one more expense to add to my website upgrade, ugh! But I am so happy that I hired Susan. I didn’t know what wording I needed to use for SEO and didn’t have the time to research the proper wording. But Susan was a Jewell and I am so happy I hired her. I was so happy with her work and the turn around time was so short. I would recommend her for any copywriting work you need.
Thank you Gloria. I appreciate your kind words and enjoyed working with you!